Trainee Sociology Teacher – Permanent Contract – Full-time – September Start – £24,254-£53,485 per year – Kensington & Chelsea, Central SW London
- Are you a Sociology Teacher (Unqualified or Qualified) who is looking for a new, exciting challenge in a thriving Secondary School?
- Do you have a passion for Sociology & keen to impart your knowledge in a learning environment?
- Is a long-term teaching career in central London what you are looking for?
We are currently seeking a dedicated & enthusiastic Sociology Teacher to join an excellent Secondary School in Kensington & Chelsea. This is an excellent opportunity for a Social Sciences Graduate, Tutor, Unqualified or Qualified Sociology Teacher – the school is happy to be flexible for the right person.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have QTS, be an ECT or be an aspiring Sociology Teacher that has a Social Sciences based degree, wishing to become qualified in the future.
- Will have worked in a school, preferably with young people &/or have a solid understanding of Sociology as a subject.
- Will be confident behaviour & classroom management skills with a willingness to benefit from excellent CPD in this area.
- Will have an excellent understanding of the UK curriculum up to GCSE level Sociology.
- Will have demonstrable organisational & time-management skills.
- If an Unqualified Teacher, be willing to benefit from the schools in house teacher training programme while in the role from either January 2024 or September 2024.
- Deliver engaging & interactive Sociology lessons to students across KS3 & KS4, fostering a love for the subject.
- Support with planning & developing the schemes of work.
- Develop & implement differentiated learning to address students’ individual learning needs & bridge any educational gaps.
- Ensure a calm, safe & productive learning environment & manage all challenging behaviours.
- Assess & monitor student progress, providing regular feedback & implementing interventions when necessary.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including support staff, to provide a well-structured approach to student development.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in the Sociology curriculum, ensuring the delivery of high-quality lessons up to GCSE level.
- Create a supportive & inclusive learning environment that promotes positive behaviour & engaged learning environment.
- Work closely with parents/guardians, providing regular updates on students’ progress & addressing any concerns.
- Start date: 4th September 2023
- Working Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30am – 16:00pm (the pupils have a shorter school day)
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: Inner London Unqualified/Qualified Teacher Pay Scale
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to a short phone call to assess your suitability for the role
- If successful, your CV will be sent to the Headteacher for consideration
- You will be invited to an interview this week or next with a lesson observation, teaching a Sociology class
We are looking forward to supporting you with this incredible Sociology Teacher opportunity!