SEND Teaching Assistant – Autism – October Start – Contract – £85 – £105 Per Day – Sutton
- Are you an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant with a experience working with children and teens on the autistic spectrum?
- Have you worked with children who are non-verbal, supporting their communication by using Makaton and/or PECS?
- Are you looking for a new rewarding career in an ASD base or special school?
WhoFoundWho is partnered with ASD bases and special schools in Sutton and surrounding boroughs, which cater for children on the autistic spectrum and with other complex needs.
If you are looking for an incredibly rewarding career working in friendly schools which offer unbeatable training and progression opportunities, I’d like to hear from you!
- Start date: 6th November 2023
- Hours: Full-time (Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4pm)
- Contract: Long-term or temp to perm contract
- Role: SEND Teaching Assistant
- Location: Sutton and surrounding boroughs
- Pay: £90 – £105 per day
Why work with us?
- Training provided by qualified nurses and therapists for PEG feeding, manual handling, hoisting, epilepsy, first-aid and personal care upon induction.
- Excellent career progression – fantastic opportunities if you’re considering a career in special education teaching, nursing, speech and language therapy, music therapy, physiotherapy or occupational therapy.
- Term-time only role, enjoy holidays off for excellent work-life balance.
- Welcoming schools with a very low turnover of staff.
- Incredibly rewarding role. You’ll be giving back to the community whilst working in a meaningful career, earning money and gaining unbeatable training and experience.
Person Specification for the Successful SEND Teaching Assistant
- Right to Work in the UK (full-time) – unfortunately sponsorship is not being offered.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- Live within commutable distance of Sutton and surrounding boroughs south of the River Thames.
- Experience working with children or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, ideally PMLD, complex medical needs and/or physical disabilities.
- A background in nursing, care, support work or special education.
- A good understanding of non-verbal communication such as Makaton and PECS.
- Experience with PEG feeding, manual handling and hoisting, personal care, epilepsy, Tracheotomy and first-aid.
- Be happy to support with personal care (occasionally).
- Work as a team, alongside teaching assistants, nurses and therapists on a daily basis.
- Be compassionate, dedicated and reliable.
- Be looking to progress their career working with children and young people with SEND.
If you match the criteria below and would like to apply, please submit a full up-to-date CV and answer the pre-screening questions. Good luck!