|SEND Teaching Assistant
|8am – 4.00pm – term time only role (39 weeks per year)
|Temp to Perm
|£90 – £100 per day
|Zone 1 Kensington & Chelsea, Central London. Easily accessible from most areas of London
- Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), specifically with Autism (ASD)?
- Are you looking for a school that offers a supportive, inclusive team and that offers ongoing training, development and Teacher Training opportunities?
We have an exciting opportunity for dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our partner Primary School in the borough of Kensington & Chelsea, Central London. As a SEND Teaching Assistant you will play a vital role in delivering tailored learning and therapies to students with additional needs in this mainstream Primary School setting.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Delivering individualized learning sessions and therapies to students in and outside the classroom
- Supporting students in developing their communication skills using Makaton, PECS, and phonics techniques
- Implementing positive behaviour strategies to promote a supportive and inclusive classroom environment
- Assisting with personal care and physical support when required
- Collaborating with the teaching staff and therapists to create personalized learning plans for each student
Your Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with children with SEND, preferably in a primary school setting
- Understanding of positive behaviour strategies and the ability to implement them effectively within the school setting
- Knowledge of reward and reinforcement teaching techniques
- Familiarity with Makaton, PECS, and phonics techniques is preferred, but not essential
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with unique learning needs
Your Working Hours:
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday, with working hours from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Start Date: ASAP
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Supportive and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity for professional development and training
- Access to resources and therapies designed to enhance student learning
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, but kindly note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!