SEN Teaching Assistant – September Start – Full-Time – Temp to Perm Contract – £90 – £100 per day – Croydon
- Start: September 2023
- Hours: Full-time (Monday to Friday, 8.30am-4:00pm)
- Contract: Temp to perm
- Role: SEN Teaching Assistant with some minibus driving responsibilities (training can be provided)
- Location: Croydon
- Pay: £90 – £100 per day
If you are looking for an incredibly rewarding career, working in a friendly, independent school which offers unbeatable training and progression opportunities, I’d like to hear from you!
Why work for us?
- Training provided by qualified nurses and therapists for PEG feeding, manual handling, hoisting and personal care upon induction
- Excellent career progression – fantastic opportunities if you’re considering a career in nursing, speech and language therapy, music therapy, hydrotherapy or occupational therapy
- Optional Saturday work for extra pay
- Term-time only role, enjoy holidays off for excellent work-life balance
- Small, independent and welcoming school with a very low turnover of staff
- Incredibly rewarding role – charity-funded school. You’d be giving back to the community whilst working in a meaningful career, earning money and gaining unbeatable training and experience
What are we looking for?
- Experience working with children or adults with Special Educational Needs, ideally Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities and Complex Medical Needs
- Applicants with a background in Nursing, Care, Support Work and Special Education are encouraged to apply
- Experience with PEG feeding, manual handling, hoisting, personal care, epilepsy and first aid would be beneficial
- A compassionate, dedicated and reliable individual who is looking to progress their career working with young people with SEND
- A D1 license is preferable, although the school are happy to fund the short course to gain this. A full clean driving license is essential and confidence to drive a small minibus (up to 3 wheelchairs and support staff)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a full up-to-date CV. If shortlisted, you will be contacted for an initial phone interview, before a formal interview at the school.