SEMH Teacher – Permanent Contract – January Start – £30,000 – £45,000 per annum – Medway
- Are you an Unqualified Teacher, ECT/NQT or Qualified Teacher looking for a new opportunity within a specialist setting catering to young people with SEMH needs?
- Are you passionate about making a difference in vulnerable young people’s lives and giving them the support, nurture and life skills they need to succeed?
- Would you describe yourself as energetic, dedicated and organised?
I am working closely with a school in Medway which caters for secondary-aged students with social emotional mental health needs and other complex needs. This lovely inclusive provision is looking for two exceptional Secondary SEMH Teachers who have experience teaching Key Stages 3-4.
About the School
A specialist secondary school based in Medway, Kent catering for students with an EHCP with Social Emotional Mental Health being their main need. The multi-disciplinary team at this school is dedicated, specialist and expert in supporting young people reach their full potential by celebrating differences and providing an inclusive and positive environment for them to learn and grow in.
Most students at the school can display severely challenging behaviours and many have experienced gaps in their education as a result of this. A strong focus is on helping the students develop self-esteem and social skills to help them achieve and make appropriate choices that will help them build a positive future.
This school provides the students with a safe and nurturing environment with small class sizes, a specialist team of professionals (including a range of therapists) and access to excellent facilities to spark inspiration and motivation.
The school is currently undergoing rapid expansion with a brand new, modern site being built with impressive facilities and training grounds, meaning career progression opportunities are tremendous!
About the Role
- Contract: Full-time – permanent or temp to perm
- Start date: January 2024
- School: SEMH secondary school
- Location: Medway, Kent
- Small class sizes of up to 8 students
- Generous salary; MPS – UPS 3 (Fringe) depending on experience plus SEN Allowance
- Qualified Teacher Status is preferred (UQTS, NQTs and ECTs will be considered with relevant experience)
- Experience working within a specialist provision or directly with students with SEMH and additional needs (essential)
- Friendly, approachable and motivated to succeed
- A good awareness and understanding of teaching and learning styles and the ability to adapt to meet the unique needs of all students
- Excellent organisation and planning skills and a consistently high record of attendance
Why apply for this position?
- Competitive and generous pay/salary
- Permanent contract opportunities from day 1
- Termly pay and performance reviews
- Regular and industry-recognised accredited fully funded training including MAPA (de-escalation training)
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent career progression opportunities within the school into middle or senior management
- A supportive and friendly Consultant who has experience working in the education sector, who can offer advice and support with career progression
- Access to a bespoke mental health and wellbeing programme and app
- Generous referral cash/vouchers for referring a friend/family member
If you are interested in this role, please apply as soon as possible to be considered for shortlisting.