SEMH Teacher – Permanent Opportunity – Autumn Term Start – Inner London MPS-UPS plus SEN Allowance – Lambeth
- Are you a specialist teacher looking for a new role within a SEMH setting?
- Do you have a thorough understanding of Social Emotional Mental Health and are you committed to helping young people reach their full potential by removing barriers to learning?
- Would you like to work at a school that can offer a competitive salary, an impressive induction with ongoing training and teacher training to gain QTS (if applicable)?
WhoFoundWho is working in exclusive partnership with a Trust of SEMH provisions across South London, Kent and Essex who are looking for dedicated, driven and energetic teachers who are looking to progress their career within special education?
The schools offer a safe and inspiring setting for young people to learn and grown, staff at the school adopt a nurturing and therapeutic approach and the multi-disciplinary team of staff (including therapists) help the students gain self-esteem and become the best versions of themselves.
About the SEMH Teacher Role
- Based in South London (Lambeth and Sutton)
- Full-time (52 weeks of the year)
- Permanent contract for the right candidates
- Several SEMH Teacher positions available, working in an AP or PRU, which caters for students with an EHCP, their main need being Social Emotional Mental Health
- Opportunities available in primary and secondary
- Class and Subject Teacher roles available
- MPS to UPS plus SEN Allowance (competitive and negotiable salaries)
- Impressive induction and ongoing professional development and training programme, including MAPA training (de-escalation)
- Excellent career progression into MLT or SLT, as well as immediate TLR opportunities
The Successful SEMH Teacher
- Must have strong experience in a special or mainstream school teaching students with a range of complex needs and SEMH
- Must have QTS or have relevant SEMH teaching experience
- Must be enthusiastic and willing to take part in ongoing training and professional development. Relevant training in de-escalation and behaviour management is beneficial
- Must be organised and have excellent time management skills
- Must be flexible, able to think on their feet and stay calm in high-pressure situations
- Must have a solid understanding of safeguarding
If you are interested in a SEMH Teacher role, apply today with a full up-to-date CV. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted within 24 hours. Good luck!