SEMH Primary Teacher – Permanent Contract – January Start – £33,000 – £65,000 Per Annum – South London
Are you an Unqualified Teacher, ECT/NQT or Qualified Teacher looking for a new opportunity within a specialist setting as a SEMH Primary Teacher?
Are you passionate about making a difference in vulnerable young people’s lives and giving them the support, nurture and life skills they need to succeed?
Would you describe yourself as energetic, dedicated and organised?
WFW is working in close partnership with a school in South London which caters for students with social emotional mental health needs and other complex needs. This lovely inclusive provision is looking for an exceptional SEMH Primary Teacher.
About the School
A specialist school catering for students with an EHCP, with Social Emotional Mental Health being their main need. The multi-disciplinary team at this school is dedicated, specialist and expert in supporting young people to reach their full potential by celebrating differences and providing an inclusive and positive environment for them to learn and grow.
Most students at the school can display severely challenging behaviours and many have experienced gaps in their education as a result of this. A strong focus is on helping the students develop self-esteem and social skills to help them achieve and make appropriate choices that will help them build a positive future. As a SEMH Primary Teacher, you will play an integral part in the students’ lives and their development, ensuring the school is a positive, inspiring and safe place to learn.
This school provides the students with a safe and nurturing environment with small class sizes, a specialist team of professionals (including a range of therapists) and access to excellent facilities to spark inspiration and motivation.
- Contract: Full-time – permanent or temp to perm
- Start date: January 2024
- School: SEMH school (up to age 16)
- Location: South London
- Support: Small class sizes of up to 8 students with a high level of support
- Training: Comprehensive training programme for behaviour and de-escalation
- Salary: MPS – UPS 3 depending on experience plus SEN Allowance
About the Successful SEMH Primary Teacher
- Qualified Teacher Status is preferred (UQTS, NQTs and ECTs will be considered with relevant experience)
- Experience as a SEMH Primary Teacher or Primary Class Teacher (essential)
- Friendly, approachable and motivated to succeed
- A good awareness and understanding of teaching and learning styles and the ability to adapt to meet the unique needs of all students
- Excellent organisation and planning skills and a consistently high record of attendance
Why apply for this position?
- Competitive and generous salary including SEN Allowance
- Permanent contract opportunities from day 1
- Termly pay and performance reviews
- Regular and industry-recognised accredited fully funded training including MAPA (de-escalation training)
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent career progression opportunities within the school into middle or senior management
- A supportive and friendly Consultant who has experience working in the education sector who can offer advice and support with career progression
- Access to a bespoke mental health and wellbeing programme and app
- Generous referral cash/vouchers for referring a friend/family member
If you are interested in this role, please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Good luck!