SEMH KS2 Teacher (ECTs Welcome) – Full Time – September Start – Permanent / Long Term – £34,000 – £50,000 – Lambeth, London
Are you a qualified KS2 SEMH Teacher looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
Would you like to work in a welcoming and supportive school which is part of an award-winning MAT
with an excellent leadership team and fantastic career progression opportunities?
WFW is working in close partnership with an all through alternative provision in Lambeth, providing education for pupils who would not otherwise receive suitable education. This school is an award-winning Multi-Academy Trust, with 2 main sites in South London. This provision caters for all ages of students with an EHCP, their main need being Social Emotional Mental Health. The school fosters a person-centred, trauma-informed, holistic approach and provides vulnerable young people with a safe and positive environment to learn. All staff are highly skilled and passionate about helping the students they work with achieve their best possible outcomes.
The school are offering two KS2 roles across both sites:
- 1x KS2 Class Teacher (SEMH)
- 1x AEP KS2 Class Teacher (SEMH)
Candidates who match the following criteria and encouraged to apply:
- MUST have strong SEMH experience! Very challenging behaviours and children who’ve experienced trauma/from very disadvantaged and vulnerable backgrounds.
- Ideally has experience in an Alternative Provision, SEMH School or PRU
- A well-qualified teacher with strong passion/interest in SEMH and relevant transferable skills e.g., youth work, volunteering, prison work.
- MAPA training, TeamTeach is desirable. Other physical restraint or positive behaviour training beneficial.
- Overseas, ECTS or QTS accepted.
- Excellent organization and planning skills – an up-to-date knowledge of the UK curriculum and relevant research
- Highly competitive pay/salary package (Inner London + SEN Allowance) – M1 – U3 & TLR opportunities.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4pm
- September starts – permanent OR long-term if preferred.
- De-escalation and MAPA training provided
- Excellent progression opportunities
Work for an award-winning, well recognized and established Multi-Academy Trust
- Highly involved team of Governors
- A dedicated, personal Consultant who will support you from Day 1 and throughout your placement.
- Access to a bespoke Wellbeing Programme and App
- Apply for the role and ensure you have a full up-to-date CV.
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to a 15-minute informal phone call with myself to assess your suitability for the role and to answer any questions you may have.
- The next stage will be a formal interview with the Headteacher held at the school.
- If offered the position it will either be a permanent or fixed-term contract (dependent on your preferences and previous experience/qualifications).
I am looking forward to receiving your application soon, good luck!