Secondary English Teacher – Permanent – ASAP Start – MPS-UPS plus SEN Allowance – Sutton
- Are you a Qualified English Teacher looking for a new role within a specialist setting?
- Do you have a thorough understanding of Social Emotional Mental Health and are you committed to helping young people reach their full potential by removing barriers to learning?
- Would you like to work at a school that can offer a competitive salary and an impressive induction with ongoing training?
WhoFoundWho is working in exclusive partnership with a Trust of SEMH provisions. One of their sites in South London is looking for a dedicated, driven and energetic Secondary English Teacher with an outstanding teaching record and a passion for special education.
The schools offer a safe and inspiring setting for young people to learn and grow, staff adopt a nurturing and therapeutic approach and the multi-disciplinary team of staff (including therapists) help the students gain self-esteem and become the best versions of themselves.
About the Secondary English Teacher Position
- Qualified Secondary English Teacher (SEMH school)
- Based in Sutton, South London
- Permanent contract for the right candidate
- Class and Subject Teacher roles available
- MPS to UPS plus SEN Allowance (competitive and negotiable salaries)
- Impressive induction and ongoing professional development and training programme, including MAPA training (de-escalation)
- Excellent career progression into MLT or SLT, possible TLR opportunities
Key Responsibilities of the Secondary English Teacher
- Collaborate with the school to develop English teaching strategies in line with school policies and external standards.
- Manage departmental resources, including procuring and supervising materials and equipment.
- Exercise budgetary control over the department, carefully planning and monitoring expenditures.
- Take ownership of the academic progress of all students within the subject area.
- Design, create, and deliver lessons tailored to meet the diverse needs of the classroom.
- Inspire and engage students through enthusiastic and creative teaching methods.
- Maintain classroom discipline and order.
- Prepare and assess assignments to support positive student development.
- Comply with guidelines for evaluating and documenting students’ progress.
- Provide regular progress updates to parents and guardians.
- Collaborate with colleagues to coordinate lesson plans and activities.
- Stay informed about curriculum changes and educational developments.
- Organise and participate in school events, outings, and extracurricular activities.
- Foster relationships with parents, guardians, and school governors to enhance their involvement in the school.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the SLT.
About the Successful Secondary English Teacher
- Must have strong experience in a special or mainstream school teaching the English curriculum up to GCSE level, to students with a range of complex needs and SEMH
- Must have QTS, strong English teaching experience in a secondary or SEMH school
- Must be enthusiastic and willing to take part in ongoing training and professional development. Relevant training in de-escalation and behaviour management is beneficial
- Must be organised and have excellent time management skills
- Must be flexible, able to think on their feet and stay calm in high-pressure situations
- Must have a solid understanding of safeguarding
If you are interested in a Secondary English Teacher role, apply today with a full up-to-date CV. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted within 24 hours. Good luck!