Qualified English Teacher – Full-Time – Contract or Permanent – £31,000 – £56,000 per year – Sutton
- Are you a Qualified English Teacher looking for a new and exciting challenge?
- Do you enjoy working with children with SEND and SEMH needs?
- Would you like to work for a friendly, welcoming and supportive school with an excellent leadership team and career progression opportunities and additional responsibilities?
This partnered school in Sutton is a special school for students aged 5-16 with an EHCP, their main need being SEMH. The school is part of a growing MAT, which prides itself on offering excellent CPD and induction for all staff. The team are highly skilled and passionate about helping the students they work with achieve their best possible outcomes. A holistic, trauma-informed approach is used across the Trust.
As an English Teacher at this school, you will be teaching up to GCSE level.
Candidates who match the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- English teaching specialism
- Strong interest in working in an alternative setting, or closely with students with SEMH and SEND
- Confident behaviour management skills and a calm, holistic, trauma-informed approach
- An undeniable passion and commitment to your role as a Teacher and the subject you teach
- The ability to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of staff and manage Teaching Assistants within your class ensuring they are being utilised effectively
- Excellent organisation and planning skills – an up-to-date knowledge of the UK curriculum and relevant research
Why work for this school?
- Salaries up to UPS 3 plus SEN Allowance
- An excellent induction upon starting, including MAPA training, a well-regarded trauma-informed approach to de-escalation and positive behaviour
- Ongoing CPD opportunities throughout the school year
- Additional Responsibilities and TLR opportunities – excellent progression within the Trust
- A supportive, dedicated SLT
- A high amount of dedicated time for planning and preparation during working hours, due to shorter school days for students
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your full up-to-date CV as soon as possible. Interviews are taking place w/b 17th July 2023.