PRU Teaching Assistant – Immediate Start – Full-Time – Contract – £450 – £550 Per Week – London
- Do you have a keen interest in supporting children and young people who are at risk of permanent exclusion?
- Are you an aspiring Teacher or Psychologist who is looking for experience in a Pupil Referral Unit, which offers fantastic training and development opportunities?
- Are you looking for a full-time role making a genuine difference everyday?
WhoFoundWho is partnered with Pupil Referral Units and SEMH provisions across London, which are looking to recruit PRU Teaching Assistants to join their friendly, motivated teams.
As a PRU Teaching Assistant, you must be enthusiastic, reliable and resilient. It is a job that offers incredible rewards and opens doors to a range of exciting careers, however it can also be challenging!
Pupil Referral Units (PRUs) cater for children and young people who are not able to attend schools for a range of reasons, usually relating to engagement and behavioural issues, illness and/or social emotional mental health needs such as anxiety, school phobia and/or trauma.
PRUs provide an alternative education setting to students not in mainstream school and make adjustments to support a range of needs and individual requirements. Students often have access to a range of therapists, including counsellors as well as small class sizes, a high level of support, reduced school hours, an amended curriculum and a highly experienced team of specialist staff.
- Full-time (Monday to Friday)
- Long-term contract (until July ’24 at least)
- Term-time only role
- £450 – £550 per week with a pay review after 12-weeks
- Must hold a DBS certificate on the update service (or be happy to apply for one at your own cost)
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- Must be able to provide 2 good references
About the Successful PRU Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience as a PRU Teaching Assistant, ideally in a specialist education setting
- Strong demonstrable experience of behaviour management and de-escalation
- A good understanding of social emotional mental health needs
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain rapport, while maintaining appropriate boundaries at all times
- Safeguarding knowledge and certificate
- Has CPD and relevant certificates and is willing to further their professional development and practice
- Is quick-thinking, empathetic, patient and able to remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Dynamic and flexible
If you are interested in the role, please apply today with a full up-to-date CV. Ensure you answer all questions and match the person specification to be considered for the PRU Teaching Assistant position.
I look forward to receiving your application – good luck!