Physiotherapy Assistant (School) – September Start – Temp to Perm – £90 – £105 per day – Croydon
WFW is currently working in partnership with a friendly independent school in Croydon which caters for children from Early Years to Post-16 with complex medical needs and physical disabilities. I am looking to recruit an enthusiastic, caring and reliable Physiotherapy Assistant to work with students on a daily basis, who is passionate about special education and is dedicated to making a positive difference. This is an incredibly rewarding role which offers excellent training, support and progression opportunities and would be perfectly suited to an aspiring Physiotherapist, or someone with relevant experience/transferable skills in the care sector who is looking for a new role working with children and young people with SEND.
As a SEND Physiotherapy Assistant, you will be supporting the Physiotherapist and SLT in all areas.
- Have a caring, patient and positive personality
- Be an aspiring Physiotherapist or interested in working with young people with complex medical needs and PMLD
- Background in the care, support work and nursing sectors are welcomed
- Hands-on experience working with people (ideally children and adolescents) with SEND
- Happy to support with swimming and hydrotherapy
- Manual handling and hoisting experience
- PECS, Makaton or experience working with children who are non-verbal (beneficial not essential)
- Willingness to carry out personal care (support with toileting and feeding)
- Willingness to undertake training courses and develop your skills by learning from colleagues and SLT
- Be an excellent timekeeper, have good references and record of attendance
About the role
- Working within a special education setting on a 1-1 basis with children of all ages with complex medical needs and physical disabilities, alongside the Physiotherapist and other Assistant Physiotherapists
- Work as a team, alongside teachers, SLT and other support staff, to ensure the best possible outcomes for all students
- Be given the opportunity to take part in internal and external training and be offered dedicated support from the SLT and SENDCo
- Opportunity for a temp to perm contract
- Full-time, Monday to Friday (8.30am – 4pm)
- Term-time only
Why work for this school?
- Small independent charity-funded school – incredibly rewarding career and supportive, friendly team who feel like family!
- Fantastic career progression opportunities. Ongoing training and an impressive induction training programme supported and led by qualified physiotherapists and nurses.
- Opportunity for a permanent contract in 3 terms of less.
- Term-time only role – excellent work-life balance with half-terms and school holidays off to focus on family or hobbies!
- Optional Saturday work if you’d like to earn some extra cash!
If you’re interested in applying, please submit a full up-to-date CV.