PE Teacher – Contract – Full-Time – January 2024 Start – £23,000 – £65,000 per year – South London
- Are you a PE Teacher (Unqualified or Qualified) who is looking for a new, exciting challenge in a specialist setting?
- Are you passionate about supporting young people with social emotional mental health and behavioural needs?
We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic PE Teacher to join a specialist school in South London. As a PE Teacher at this school, you will have a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students with social-emotional & mental health (SEMH) needs.
***Please note: you will be expected to cover all lessons in the curriculum when required; planning will be provided.***
About the Successful PE Teacher:
- Will have QTS, be an ECT or be an aspiring qualified teacher.
- Will have worked in a school, preferably a SEND school with students with SEMH and behavioural needs.
- Will have strong behaviour management skills.
- Will have an excellent understanding of the UK curriculum up to GCSE level.
- Will have demonstrable organisational and time-management skills.
Responsibilities of the PE Teacher:
- Deliver engaging and interactive PE lessons to students with SEMH needs fostering a love for the subject.
- Planning and developing the schemes of work.
- Develop and implement differentiated learning to address students’ individual learning needs and bridge any educational gaps.
- Ensure a calm, safe and productive learning environment and manage all challenging behaviours using a trauma-informed, holistic approach.
- Assess and monitor student progress, providing regular feedback and implementing interventions when necessary.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including support staff and therapists, to provide a holistic approach to student development.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in the curriculum, ensuring the delivery of high-quality lessons up to GCSE level.
- Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment that promotes positive behaviour and emotional well-being.
- Build positive relationships with students and provide pastoral care, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met.
- Work closely with parents/guardians, providing regular updates on students’ progress and addressing any concerns.
- Cover lessons for absent teachers across the whole school when required.
- Start date: January 2024
- Working Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30am – 4pm (the pupils have a shorter school day)
- Contract: Temporary (until February half-term) – there will be the opportunity to extend the contract for the right candidate
- Pay: £130 – £210 per day (umbrella)
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to a short phone call to assess your suitability for the role
- If successful, your CV will be sent to the Headteacher for consideration
- You will be invited to an interview and lesson observation, teaching a class
I look forward to receiving your application. Good luck!