Mechanics Teacher – Full-Time – Temp to Perm – January Start – £25,000 – £50,000 per year – Wandsworth
- Subject leader opportunity for a Mechanics, Multi-Vehicle Technology or Construction Teacher
- Unqualified Teachers will be considered as long as they’re seeking to achieve QTS
- Full-time role with a temp to perm contract
- Competitive salary
- About the School
My partnered school is an all-through school for students with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs, that facilitates students to thrive and flourish and find their true interests. The school a safe and supportive environment with impressive facilities. It is conveniently based in Wandsworth, within easy reach of several tube and bus stations.
- About the Role
You will be working as a teacher within the school leading Mechanics, Multi-Vehicle Technology and Construction classes, planning and delivering Entry Level 2-3 qualifications to young people with SEMH needs.
The ideal candidate will have relevant qualifications and be degree-educated, as well as have first-hand industry experience. You will be expected to share your passion and motivate the students to help them achieve the best possible outcomes for their careers and futures.
Within the department, you will be provided with a workshop and lesson space with excellent facilities. You will have the opportunity to help SLT set up a new curriculum for students on your course.
- About the Students
This school caters for students of all ages with SEMH and additional needs which may also include autism, ADHD, speech and language difficulties and sensory impairment. Many of the students come from vulnerable backgrounds and may have been permanently excluded from previous schools. The students require an individualised and nurturing approach to education. To accommodate their needs, class sizes are small and a high level of support is provided to the teacher.
- About You
The school is looking for a driven, enthusiastic and resilient professional with a background within the industry as well as relevant qualifications. You must have an interest in working with children and young people and want to help them achieve their full potential. You must have an excellent track record of attendance and punctuality – consistency is vital in this specialist setting due to the nature of the student’s needs. Ideally, the school would like to recruit a Fully Qualified Teacher (with QTS) although they will consider ECTs and Unqualified Teachers – you must hold a degree and be on the path to achieving QTS in the future.
- Apply for the role and ensure you have a full up-to-date CV. A cover letter will strengthen your application.
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to a 15 minute informal phone call with me to assess your suitability for the role and to answer any questions you may have.
- The next stage will be an interview held at the school.
- If offered the position, it will be a temp to perm role from January ’24.
I look forward to receiving your application.