KS2 SEND Teacher – Permanent Contract Opportunity – October Start – MPS + SEN Allowance – Sutton
WhoFoundWho’s partnered client is an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted-rated special school in Sutton, which caters for students aged 7-18 with a range of complex and additional needs.
The school has a tight-knit community and a family ethos, which makes it a special and unique place to work. A brand new purpose-built site will provide a new inspiring and innovative space to maximise learners’ full potential.
About the KS2 SEND Teacher Role
- SEND Class Teacher to work in the Key Stage 2 department, 8 students in the class with a 2:1 Teaching Assistant ratio and a HLTA.
- Permanent opportunity for the right candidate
- Main Pay Scale + SEN Allowance (depending on experience and qualifications)
- Full-time (36 hours per week, 52 weeks of the year)
- October start (2nd half term) – January opportunities are also available
KS2 SEND Teacher Specification
Applicants do not need to have direct SEND school experience but must have a good understanding and passion for SEND, as well as commitment and drive to succeed.
- Qualified Teacher Status (SEND ECT Teachers will be considered)
- Experience working with children with SEND in a special or mainstream school
- Keeps up to date with current research and teaching methods for autistic learners
- Strong knowledge of curriculum development is a good practice in schools
- A commitment to developing one’s own professional development through internal and external training
- The ability to work as a team and manage a team of support staff
- Be creative in teaching style and classroom set-up to generate motivation and enthusiasm for learners
- Be analytical and quick thinking, as well as able to remain calm when working under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to form positive relationships with staff, caregivers and most importantly, students
- Have an awareness of non-verbal methods of communication and the desire to support non-verbal effectively through the use of strategies such as PECS and Makaton
Why Apply for this KS2 SEND Teacher Role?
- Work for an Outstanding Ofsted-rated special school
- Comprehensive training and induction programme, as well as regular in-house training
- In-house teacher training
- Access to counselling services and access to a bespoke health and wellbeing programme
- Fantastic career progression opportunities across other partnered schools and colleges
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits pension scheme
- Perkbox membership
If you are interested in the KS2 SEND Teacher Role, please apply today with your full CV. If shortlisted, you will be invited to a short initial screening call. Good luck!