- HLTA – SEMH
- West London
- Salary: £100 – £125 per day
- Contract: Long Term, Temporary to Permanent
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and specifically with Social, Emotional, Mental Health Needs (SEMH)? We have an exciting opportunity for dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our partner Secondary School in West London as HLTAs.
As a HLTA, you will play a vital role in delivering tailored learning and therapies to students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health Needs (SEMH). These roles are commencing in January 2024 and will be long-term with the view of moving to permanent contracts from September 2024, or January 2025.
– Delivering individualized learning sessions and therapies to students on a 1:1 and small group basis
– Supporting students in developing their communication skills using Makaton, ALS, PECS, and phonics techniques
– Implementing positive behavior strategies to promote a supportive and inclusive classroom environment
– Collaborating with the teaching staff and therapists to create personalized learning plans for each student
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
– Experience working with children with SEND, preferably in a secondary or SEND school setting
– Understanding of positive behavior strategies and the ability to implement them effectively
– Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with unique learning needs
– Full-time position, Monday to Friday, with working hours from 8:15 am to 3:30 pm.
– Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
– Supportive and collaborative working environment amid the Inclusion Team
– Opportunity for professional development and training
– Access to resources and therapies designed to enhance student learning
– Access to Teacher training programs to obtain QTS
Join our dedicated team of educators and therapists and contribute to the growth and development of these amazing students. If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, but kindly note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo relevant background and safeguarding checks.
We look forward to working with you.