Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Therapy) – September Start – Fixed-Term Contract – £25,000 – £27,000 p/a – Southend-On-Sea
- Are you an experienced SEMH Teaching Assistant or Therapy Assistant?
- Do you have strong experience working with young people with trauma, anxiety and other mental health difficulties?
- Are you an aspiring counsellor or psychologist?
A specialist Alternative Provision for students with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs is looking for an experienced and dedicated HLTA to join their team from September.
- Job Title: Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Therapy)
- Start date: 1st September 2023
- Contract: Fixed-term or temp to perm contract (term-time only)
- Hours: 08.30am – 4pm (Monday to Friday)
- Salary: F.T.E. £25,000 – £27,000 p/a depending on experience
What is the school looking for?
- An aspiring counsellor or psychologist.
- Strong working with children and young people with SEMH, trauma and challenging behaviour.
- Relevant qualifications in counselling, therapy, psychology or HLTA Status.
- Relevant CPD such as MAPA, TeamTeach, NAPPI or other behavioural interventions/training – ideally with a trauma-informed approach.
- Relevant experience in specialist provisions or units.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships and liaise with external agencies, families and a multidisciplinary team.
What is involved in the role?
- Working 1-1 and in small groups providing therapeutic interventions to help remove barriers to learning.
- Provide support and guidance to young people to help them achieve their full potential
- Plan and lead personal development and therapeutic interventions.
- Observe and evaluate activities, resources and accurately record and report on student progress.
- Manage behaviour constructively and follow the behaviour policy, using a trauma-informed holistic approach, using and encouraging self-reflection.
- Take part in regular CPD and external and internal training to improve and enhance professional practice.
- Use ICT and resources to individualise and create learning activities according to the student’s needs and interests.
- Lead and contribute in meetings with parents, caregivers, SLT, SENDCo and therapists, providing constructive feedback on progress and achievement.
- To act as the main point of contact for parents/carers within transition periods.
Why work with this school?
- Competitive pay rates which are reflective of the hard work you do! SEN Allowance of up to £1,400 per year.
- Excellent induction programme – all new starters will do MAPA and de-escalation training as well as CPD throughout the year.
- Permanent contract opportunities.
- Growing Multi Academy Trust with fantastic relationships with other schools and within the community which leads to excellent career progression opportunities.
- Working with a highly experienced, skilled and supportive team who can help you achieve your career goals and gain excellent training and experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please ensure you have a full up-to-date CV listing all your work experience and qualifications. If shortlisted, you’ll be invited to an initial 15-minute phone call before proceeding to the formal interview stage. Good luck!