Food Technology Teacher – Full-Time – Contract – Immediate Start – £33,000 – £50,000 per year – South-West London
- Food Technology Teacher with QTS
- Competitive salary with SEN allowance
- Permanent contract opportunity
- January 2024 start
About the School
My partnered school is a fantastic setting for students with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) that facilitates students to thrive, flourish and find their true interests. The school caters for students of all ages and is a safe and supportive environment with excellent facilities. It is conveniently located within easy reach of several tube and bus stations.
About the Role
You will be working as a Food Technology Teacher within the school leading the department and classes, planning and delivering Entry Level 2-3 qualifications to young people with Social Emotional Mental Health and other complex needs.
The ideal candidate will have QTS and ideally industry experience. You will be expected to share your passion and motivate the students to help them achieve the best possible outcomes for their careers and futures.
Within the department, you will be provided with a workshop and lesson space with excellent facilities. You will have the opportunity to help SLT set up a new curriculum for students on your course.
About the Students
This school caters for students of all ages with SEMH and additional needs which may include Autism, ADHD, Speech and Language difficulties. Many of the students come from vulnerable backgrounds and may have been permanently excluded from previous schools. The students require an individualized and nurturing approach to education. To accommodate their needs, class sizes are small and a high level of support is provided to the teacher.
The school is looking for a driven, enthusiastic and resilient professional with a background within the industry as well as relevant qualifications. You must have an interest in working with children and young people and want to help them achieve their full potential. It is important that you have an excellent track record of attendance and punctuality – consistency is vital in this specialist setting due to the nature of the student’s needs. Ideally, the school would like to recruit a Fully Qualified Teacher (with QTS) although they will consider ECTs.
- Apply for the role and ensure you have a full up-to-date CV. A cover letter will strengthen your application.
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to a 15-minute informal phone call with me to assess your suitability for the role and to answer any questions you may have.
- The next stage will be an interview held at the school.
- If offered the position it will either be a permanent contract or a fixed contract until July ’24 (dependent on your preferences and previous experience/qualifications).