- English Teaching Assistant
- £110 per day
- Must have school-based experience
- September start
- Near Balham
- Wandsworth Secondary school
- Teacher training links
Are you an English Graduate or a Graduate with a passion for Literature, wanting to build a career in education, ideally in teaching?
This English Teaching Assistant role is a higher-level teaching assistant post and a stepping stone role for someone with some form of education/school experience, looking to deepen their knowledge and skillset in a well-run school, with lots of support available.
Situated in the heart of Wandsworth, South West London. They have the northern line and Southwestern railway links nearby with plenty of bus networks that connect the area.
As their English Teaching Assistant (Literacy Higher Level Teaching Assistant), you will be involved in areas such as:
- Conducting small-group interventions focused on literacy (reading, vocabulary, grammar)
- Leading phonics interventions
- Leading English tutorials for small groups
- General classroom support (assisting the smooth running of the lesson, dependent on the expectations of each individual teacher)
- 1 to 1 support to students with EHCPs and general learning difficulties in lessons
- Being a key worker for a set number of students and being responsible for creating and maintaining their individual learning plans and meeting with them on a bi-weekly basis
- Liaising closely with the SEND and English departments
- Working closely with the SENDCo and Speech and Language therapist to ascertain and meet individual learners’ needs
This English Teaching Assistant role is being offered on a long-term contract, for the entire academic year with the possibility of going permanent after 2 terms. You will be paid a starting rate of £110 per day with the working hours of 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday, term time only. This will increase after 12 working weeks to a minimum of £120 per day.
You will receive training in areas such as de-escalation training, teaching techniques as well as how to effectively support those with ASD.
As their English Teaching Assistant, if teaching is the route you wish to take, this school are part of a well-known teacher training trust that would further develop you and help you gain your QTS in the future.
What to do now – English Teaching Assistant
- Prepare your CV as well as a Personal Statement for this Behaviour Mentor role
- Click apply and begin your journey with WFW
- Alternatively, get in contact with the team at WFW on 0330 088 7846
English Teaching Assistant| £110 per day| Must have school-based experience | September start| Near Balham| Wandsworth Secondary school| Teacher training links