- English Teaching Assistant
- £110 rising to £124 per day
- Must have school-based experience – primary or secondary!
- September start
- Wandsworth – Near Balham
- Wandsworth Secondary school
- Temp to perm
Are you an English Graduate or a Graduate with a natural flair and passion for Literature, who would enjoy helping secondary students improve their literacy skills? Or perhaps you have an interest in Speech and Language Therapy?
This English Teaching Assistant role is a higher-level teaching assistant post and a stepping stone role for someone with some form of education/school (primary or secondary) experience, looking to deepen their knowledge and skillset in a well-run school, with lots of support available.
As there will be a lot of Phonics interventions, this would particularly suit someone with primary school experience, that is confident in Phonics, as you will be predominately supporting students across KS3, helping close the attainment gap.
Situated in the heart of Wandsworth, South West London. They have the northern line and Southwestern railway links nearby with plenty of bus networks that connect the area.
As their English Teaching Assistant, you will be involved in areas such as:
- Conducting small-group interventions focused on literacy (reading, vocabulary, grammar)
- Leading phonics interventions
- Leading English tutorials for small groups
- General classroom support (assisting the smooth running of the lesson, dependent on the expectations of each individual teacher)
- 1 to 1 support to students with EHCPs and general learning difficulties in lessons
- Being a key worker for a set number of students and being responsible for creating and maintaining their individual learning plans and meeting with them on a bi-weekly basis
- Liaising closely with the SEND and English departments
- Working closely with the SENDCo and Speech and Language therapist to ascertain and meet individual learners’ needs
This English Teaching Assistant role is being offered on a long-term contract, for the entire academic year with the possibility of going permanent after 2 terms. You will be paid a starting rate of £110 that will increase to £124 after 12 working weeks. Working hours will be 8-4pm, Monday to Friday, term time only. Interviews will be held WC 4th September with an immediate start thereafter.
As their English Teaching Assistant, if teaching is the route you wish to take, this school are part of a well-known teacher training trust that would further develop you and help you gain your QTS in the future.
What to do now – English Teaching Assistant
- Prepare your CV as well as a Personal Statement for this English Teaching Assistant role
- Click apply and begin your journey with WFW