Behaviour Support Officer| £105 – £115 per day| Secondary| East Croydon| School Direct Training Opportunity| ASAP start| Possible Temp to Perm
WhoFoundWho, a specialist talent management consultancy in London, have partnerships with multiple schools across London, helping them to attract and develop future teaching superstars. One of our clients, a successful Croydon secondary that are in need of a Behaviour Support Officer.
As their Behaviour Support Officer, you will form part of their passionate and friendly pastoral team that are highly effective and make a significant contribution to the development of their pupils.
The ideal Behaviour Support Officer will share their relentless drive to provide a safe, nurturing space for children to be able to express themselves, in a non-confrontational manner, helping them work on managing their emotions, improve their behaviour and ultimately overcome their barriers to learning.
If you are a Behaviour Support Officer who can start immediately, you will be offered a temp to perm arrangement, starting on a daily rate of £105 – £115 per day, dependent on skills and experience.
To be considered for this Behaviour Support Officer role, they want to recruit an individual who:
- Can be a presence in the Academy.
- Deal with challenging behaviour in the moment/in real time
- Can work directly with pupils to work out what is driving the behaviour.
- Can problem solve and manages time well.
- Has relevant training or is willing to undertake training.
- Ability to deliver interventions focussing on behavioural/emotional support.
- Experience in de-escalation.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when faced with challenging situations.
- Have a genuine interest in working in a school/educational environment, and ideally already have some form of school-based experience, especially with delivering interventions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ideally, a Behaviour Support Officer who wants to ultimately train as a teacher or forge an SEN related career (i.e. Educational Psychology/Therapy/Counselling/MH specialist etc)
- Live within commuting distance to East Croydon area and be able to interview and start ASAP (Notice periods of more than a week cannot be accepted)
What their Behaviour Support Officer role looks like:
The successful candidate will support the SENDCo and the Assistant Principal in continuing to shape the their pastoral team by effectively supporting targeted pupils. The role will be adaptive to the needs of the pupils, but is likely to involve facilitating interventions, liaising with external agencies, contributing to inclusion meetings, acting as a key worker for individuals, managing behavioural needs and supporting good attendance.
There is also opportunity to train with them via their sought-after school direct programme, should a career in teaching interest you.
The Next Step
- Prepare your CV as well as a Personal Statement
- Click apply and begin your journey with WFW
- Alternatively, get in contact with the team at WFW on 0330 088 7846 or email email@example.com
We are looking forward to supporting you with this incredible Behaviour Support Officer opportunity!