- Behaviour Mentor
- Immediate Start
- £500 – £550 Per Week
- Bexley, SE London
- Outstanding Secondary School
- Friendly & Supportive Environment
- Career Progression Routes Available
Are you an experienced teaching assistant with a desire to take the next step within a specialist environment?
Are you confident, energetic and passionate about working with young people with social emotional mental health needs and challenging behaviours?
WFW is looking to recruit 2 new behaviour mentors for an outstanding secondary school in Bexley.
As a behaviour mentor, or behavioural focused teaching assistant, you will be supporting students with emotional regulation, behaviour management, social skills and conflict resolution. Most of the behaviour will be of the lower level such has talking in lessons/ calling out in class etc.
The most important traits of a successful behaviour mentor are:
- Be energetic and proactive
- Be flexible and able to think on your feet – every day is different
- Have a positive mindset
- Be empathetic and have excellent active listening skills
- Have enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Who should apply for the behaviour mentor role?
To apply for the behaviour mentor role, you must:
- Be available Monday to Friday on a long-term basis and have a good attendance record
- Be energetic, confident and clearly passionate about making a difference to young peoples’ lives
- Be eager to progress their career and focus on behaviour and mental health and take part in internal and external training to facilitate this
- Ideally have a relevant degree (such as psychology, criminology or youth/social work) or background with transferable skills
- If the above sounds like you, apply today to be considered for the role!
This role would be the excellent next step for a teaching assistant who has experience in a school as is keen to is looking to focus on behaviour and mental health within a specialist setting.
If the above sounds like you, apply today to be considered for the role!