Behaviour Mentor – Immediate Start – £90-£120 per day – Full-Time – South/South-West London
WFW is working closely with several pupil referral units, alternative provisions, SEMH schools and resource bases in mainstream schools across South London that are looking for experienced behaviour mentors to join their dedicated teams.
- Are you an experienced behaviour mentor or teaching assistant?
- Are you confident, energetic and passionate about working with young people with challenging behaviours and SEMH needs?
As a behaviour mentor, you will be working with primary or secondary-aged students who need 1-1 or small group support with emotional regulation, conflict resolution, behaviour management and generally being a trusted shoulder to lean on and a stable role model. You will be expected to support inside and outside of the classroom and work closely with the Intervention, Behaviour and Pastoral Teams.
The Ideal Behaviour MentorCandidate
- Has experience working in a PRU, AP, SEND school or in a behaviour/inclusion department
- Is energetic, confident and proactive
- Is resilient and empathetic
- Can relate to the students and build a good rapport whilst maintaining clear boundaries
- Can work effectively on a 1-1 basis and use initiative, as well as follow instructions given by a manager
- Is reliable and able to provide good relevant references
- Has a good understanding of safeguarding
- Has relevant training such as TeamTeach or restraint training (beneficial)
- Has a relevant degree (beneficial)
Does this sound like you? Please apply today with a full CV and I’ll be in touch to discuss specific positions in your area if you are shortlisted.