Behaviour Mentor – Long-Term Contract – Immediate Start – £98 – £115 per day – Lambeth
- Are you an experienced Behaviour Mentor or SEND Teaching Assistant with a desire to take the next step within a specialist environment?
- Are you confident, energetic and passionate about working with young people with social emotional mental health needs and challenging behaviours?
- Do you want to earn competitive pay of up to £115 per day in a rewarding role within a supportive and fast-paced environment?
An innovative and friendly special school is looking to welcome several new behaviour mentors to join their team for the new academic year. students of all ages with social emotional mental health needs and other moderate learning difficulties. The site benefits from unique facilities and a strong team of specialists including therapists and counsellors.
As a Behaviour Mentor, you will be providing support with emotional regulation, conflict resolution, behaviour management and generally being a trusted shoulder to lean on and a stable role model for all students. This role is an excellent next step for someone who has experience in education and working with similar needs, who is looking to focus on supporting young people with SEMH and behavioural difficulties.
The school is looking for applicants who:
- Are available Monday to Friday on a long-term basis and have a good attendance record
- Have experience working with young people with SEMH needs, preferably in a PRU or similar setting
- Are energetic, confident and clearly passionate about making a difference in young peoples’ lives
- Are eager to progress their career and focus on behaviour and mental health and take part in internal and external training to facilitate this
- Have a relevant degree (such as psychology, criminology or youth/social work) or background with transferable skills
Why apply for this position?
- Competitive and fair daily pay rates of up to £115 per day (umbrella)
- Permanent contract opportunities from day 1
- Termly pay and performance reviews
- Regular and industry-recognised accredited fully funded training such as MAPA (de-escalation training)
- Excellent career progression opportunities within the school
- A supportive and friendly Consultant who has experience working in the education sector, who can offer advice and support with career progression
- Access to a bespoke mental health and wellbeing programme and app
- Generous referral cash/vouchers for referring a friend/family member
- School holidays off and an excellent work/life balance to spend time with family or other commitments
If the above sounds like you, apply today to be considered for the role!