Behaviour Mentor – September Start – Full-Time – Temp to Perm – £95-£113 per day – South/South-West London
WFW is working closely with several Pupil Referral Units, Alternative Provisions and SEMH schools in South/South-West London that are looking for experienced Behaviour Mentors and Behaviour and Mental Health Teaching Assistants to join their dedicated teams on a long-term or temp to perm basis.
To apply for a role, you must be available on a full-time basis from September ’23 until July ’24. Unfortunately, the schools cannot offer Sponsorship at this time.
- Are you an experienced Behaviour Mentor, Teaching Assistant or do you have a background in a relevant sector with transferable skills?
- Are you confident, energetic and passionate about working with young people with challenging behaviours and SEMH needs?
- Are you considering a career in teaching, or do you want to make a positive difference to young people with complex mental health and behavioural needs?
As a Behaviour Mentor, you will be working with primary or secondary-aged students who require support with challenging behaviour, emotional regulation, mental health and wellbeing, conflict resolution and social skills/peer relationships. You will be responsible for behaviour management and will be a trusted shoulder to lean on and a stable and reliable role model. You will be expected to support inside and outside of the classroom and work closely with the Intervention, Behaviour and Pastoral Teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience working in a PRU or AP or in a behaviour/SEMH focused role
- Has experience working as a Support Worker, Prison Officer or in a similar field with relevant transferable skills
- Has excellent and confident behaviour management skills
- Has a well-rounded awareness and understanding of mental health
- Is energetic, confident and proactive
- Is resilient and empathetic
- Is able to relate to the students and build a good rapport whilst maintaining clear boundaries
- Is able to work effectively and independently on a 1-1 basis and use initiative, as well as follow instructions given by a Manager
- Is reliable and able to provide good relevant references
- Has a good understanding of safeguarding
- Has relevant training such as Team Teach or restraint training (beneficial)
- Has a relevant degree (beneficial)
- Competitive pay rates which are reflective of your skills, experience and qualifications
- Pay increase after 12 weeks
- Permanent contract opportunities
- Termly performance and pay reviews
- Excellent in-house and external training including MAPA training (trauma-informed/de-escalation)
- Career progression opportunities and teacher training programmes
- A dedicated and experienced personal consultant to support you with your CV, application, pay negotiation and performance and career progression and advice
- Access to a personalised well-being platform
If you are interested, please apply today with a full CV and I’ll be in touch to discuss the role further.