Autism Teaching Assistant – Long-Term Contract – Immediate Start – £90 – £110 per day – Lambeth
- Are you an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant with a desire to take the next step within a specialist environment?
- Are you confident, energetic and passionate about working with autistic children and young people?
- Do you want to earn competitive pay of up to £110 per day in a rewarding role within a supportive and fast-paced environment?
I am working with special schools in South London that are looking to welcome several new Teaching Assistants to join their team for the new academic year to support students of all ages with a diagnosis of autism and other moderate or severe learning difficulties. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of experienced specialist staff, including speech and language, occupational and physiotherapists.
As an Autism Teaching Assistant, you will be providing support with emotional regulation, behaviour management, social skills, speech and language and academic needs. This role is an excellent next step for someone who has experience in education and working with students with SEND, and who is looking to focus on supporting autistic students.
The school is looking for applicants who:
- Are available Monday to Friday on a long-term basis and have a good attendance record
- Have experience working with young people with SEND, preferably in a special school but candidates with other backgrounds are welcome to apply
- Are energetic, caring and clearly passionate about making a difference in young people’s lives to help them achieve their full potential
- Are eager to progress their career and focus on behaviour and mental health and take part in internal and external training to facilitate this
- Have a relevant degree (such as psychology, criminology or youth/social work) or background with transferable skills
Why apply for this position?
- Competitive and fair daily pay rates of up to £110 per day (umbrella)
- Permanent contract opportunities from day 1
- Termly pay and performance reviews
- Regular and industry-recognised accredited fully funded training
- Excellent career progression opportunities within the school
- A supportive and friendly Consultant who has experience working in the education sector, who can offer advice and support with career progression
- Access to a bespoke mental health and wellbeing programme and app
- Generous referral cash/vouchers for referring a friend/family member
- School holidays off and an excellent work/life balance to spend time with family or other commitments
If the above sounds like you, apply today to be considered for the role!