Art Teacher (Unqualified Teachers & ECTS Considered) – SEMH School – Long Term Contract – Sutton, South London
- Are you a passionate, dedicated and positive Art Teacher who is looking for a rewarding and exciting new challenge?
- Do you enjoy using art to help individuals with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Social Emotional Mental Health Needs (SEMH) to express their emotions and find an outlet?
- Are you available full-time immediately and can commit to work in a contract until July ’23?
I am working closely with a lovely special school for girls and boys, aged 5-16 years, with SEMH and SEND. It is a vibrant and supportive setting with a dedicated multi-disciplinary team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Teacher Status (desirable – ECTs and Unqualified Teachers will be considered if you have other relevant experience)
- If you are an Unqualified Teacher it is vital that you have experience leading classes, tutoring or in art therapy and have a good knowledge of the UK curriculum. It would also be beneficial if you were seeking to gain QTS
- Art teaching specialism or Art degree (essential)
- Strong experience working within a special school or closely with students with SEMH and SEND (essential)
- Confident behaviour management skills (essential)
- A calm, positive and confident approach (essential)
- A deniable passion and commitment to your role as a teacher and the subject you teach (essential)
- The ability to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of staff and manage Teaching Assistants within your class ensuring they are being utilized effectively (essential)
- Excellent organization and planning skills – an up-to-date knowledge of the UK curriculum and relevant research (essential)
The Next Step
- Prepare your CV as well as a Personal Statement
- Click apply and begin your journey with WFW
- Alternatively, get in contact with the team at WFW on 0330 088 7846 or email email@example.com
We are looking forward to supporting you with this incredible Art Teacher opportunity!