Trainee Science Teacher – Permanent or Contract – Full-Time – September Start – £23,000 – £50,000 per year – Sutton
- Are you a Science Teacher (Unqualified or Qualified) who is looking for a new, exciting challenge in a specialist setting?
- Are you passionate about supporting young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health?
- Do you have outstanding behaviour management skills?
We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Science Teacher to join a specialist school in Sutton. As a Science Teacher at this school, you will have a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. This is an excellent opportunity for a Science Technician, Unqualified or Qualified Science Teacher – the school is happy to be flexible for the right person.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have QTS, be an ECT or be an aspiring Science Teacher, wishing to become qualified in the future.
- Will have worked in a school, preferably with young people and/or have a solid understanding of mental health and trauma.
- Will have strong behaviour and classroom management skills.
- Will have an excellent understanding of the UK curriculum up to BTEC and GCSE level in all three Sciences.
- Will have demonstrable organisational and time-management skills.
- Deliver engaging and interactive Science lessons to students with SEMH needs, fostering a love for the subject.
- Support with planning and developing the schemes of work.
- Develop and implement differentiated learning to address students’ individual learning needs and bridge any educational gaps.
- Ensure a calm, safe and productive learning environment and manage all challenging behaviours using a trauma-informed, holistic approach.
- Support students in understanding complex scientific concepts and theories, using innovative teaching methods and resources.
- Assess and monitor student progress, providing regular feedback and implementing interventions when necessary.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including support staff and therapists, to provide a holistic approach to student development.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in the Science curriculum, ensuring the delivery of high-quality lessons up to BTEC and GCSE levels.
- Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment that promotes positive behavior and emotional well-being.
- Build positive relationships with students and provide pastoral care, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met.
- Work closely with parents/guardians, providing regular updates on students’ progress and addressing any concerns.
- Start date: 4th September 2023
- Working Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30am – 4pm (the pupils have a shorter school day)
- Contract: Temp to perm or immediately permanent for a Qualified Teacher
- Salary: Outer London Unqualified/Qualified Teacher Pay Scale
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to a short phone call to assess your suitability for the role
- If successful, your CV will be sent to the Headteacher for consideration
- You will be invited to an interview and lesson observation, teaching a science class
Apply below to register for an immediate interview spot!